In this article, the spotlight is on the Sutherland Shire. Read on for the most popular online searches in wellness are for the people of Sutherland...
The Spotlight's On The Sutherland Shire
It’s no secret that stress, obesity and other health related problems are big news across the world right now. But every day Australians are fighting back with an ever increasing number of people elevating their wellness regimes to the likes of a religion, committing to daily habits and rituals of self-care and worship. In this blog, the spotlight is on the Sutherland Shire.
What the People of The Sutherland Shire Want:
The most popular online searches in the Sutherland Shire are the following three things:
Bowen technique involves a rolling movement over fascia, muscles, ligaments, tendons
and joints. It is said not to involve deep or prolonged contact with muscle tissues as in
most kinds of massage, but claims to relieve muscle tensions and strains and to restore normal lymphatic flow.
If you live in Sutherland, find your Bowen Therapy providers here.
2. Trigger Point Massage
This involves deactivating trigger points that may cause local pain or refer pain and other sensations, such as headaches, in other parts of the body. Manual pressure, vibration, injection, or other treatment is applied to these points to relieve myofascial pain. Trigger points were first discovered and mapped by Janet G. Travell (President Kennedy's physician) and David Simons.
If you live in Sutherland, find your Trigger Point Massage providers here.
As the name suggests, deep tissue massage applies deep pressure onto specific trouble points using knuckles and elbows to strip out muscle tissue as far down to the bone as possible. It feels very much like someone is torturing you on purpose by pushing into your knotted muscle, and the massage can leave you feeling sore. It's not just more pressure all over your body (which would be true torture). It's a very specific and methodical treatment.
If you live in Sutherland, find your Deep Tissue Massage providers here.
Looking for a different kind of health and wellness provider?
Click here to find out Sutherland’s Most Popular Health and Wellness Resources across all categories.
8 Reasons to Make Health & Wellness a Daily Habit
1. Emotional wellbeing: Having daily health habits and rituals keeps you more emotionally balanced and stable.
2. Stress reduction: Exercise, meditation and choosing good-mood foods helps reduce stress levels in the body. You can find a personal trainer or local gym on our site.
3. Better sleep: good health rituals promote better sleep which allows the body to heal itself physically and feel more refreshed upon awakening.
4. Controlling weight: people who eat well and move often are less likely to have problems with weight control.
5. Better circulation: moving often will help pump blood and oxygen to your brain and to the important organs of your body.
6. Less headaches: Daily health routines including plenty of water for good levels of hydration can reduce headaches and prevent them.
7. Mental clarity: People who exercise often and eat a balanced diet report being able to think clearly and higher levels of mental clarity overall.
8. Higher productivity: Looking to get more done in your day? Exercise and nourishing food choices will help.
Science-based Strategies for Improving Your Health Today
Eat a well-balanced diet: as well as switching to a wholefoods diet, there are many good professionals who can help you to find a diet that is perfect for you. In Sutherland you can try: naturopaths, dieticians or nutritionists.
Rest and relaxation: we all lead busy lives so building high quality rest and relaxation into your daily routines is paramount. As well as getting good sleep, you can try: meditation, massage or yin yoga.